Man de la Maza

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Creaky wheels

Ahhh. It all feels vaguely familiar.

Staring at a computer in search of a tactical contiuation. Can't see I'm seeing much results except that I'm starting to feel vaguely sick of it. Was feeling this way much more in the beginning of this week. Half an hour is not a big deal and a little less onerous than working through a certain number of problems. I worked through the first 300 intermediate checkmates and have switched over the material section. When I reach finish there, I will do draws and then the last 400 in the checkmate section. I think I'll go through them all again before moving on to the exercises.

One other thing that was funny. Friday night I got home late and was just too tired to do tactical probs. As such I skipped and did a full hour the next day. Doing the full hour felt much more natural. Felt like I could get in the zone more.

14 down, 86 to go

2 Comments:

  • I'm using Renko's Intensive Course Tactics 2". I haven't done much with it besides work through the exercises, but I like it fine. Supposedly, there is a way to track your solve rate, but I haven't figured this out yet.

    I haven't used any other software for tactics training. I use Fritz to check my own games, and I have the random CD here and there.

    By Blogger Don Q., at 5:06 AM  

  • Really nice to see that you're back in the sadle Don Q! Whenever I get really sick of solving tactics I always take a trip to your blog in hope of finding an entry where you felt even more miserable than I do. Usually I find what I need. ;)

    Thanks for all the inspiration and keep up the good work!

    /Chris aka Samuraipawn

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home