Man de la Maza

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Stopping By to Say Hello

A few days ago I found myself doing something I hadn't done in almost a year -- chess problems. I actually picked up "Combination Challenge" and started doing a few. It was fun. (I still got it ... Mostly).

Haven't been playing much for many reasons (one of which was burnout). My daughter has been playing in scholastics, so I'm around it more. Been thinking I might like to hazard a tournament sometime soon (I think I could beat the crap out of most of those kids!)

I cleaned up the sidebar a bit. I hope it provides the casual reader to a quick tour through my chess quest. Glad the Knight's Errant continue to grow and flourish. Hope you will be inspired to give it a try.

11 Comments:

  • Burn out is an interesting phenomenon.
    The day I started to count the guys at age 50+ who hadn't had a burn out, I decided that that was not going to happen to me. Thusfar with succes.

    By Blogger Temposchlucker, at 6:01 PM  

  • Welcome Back!

    By Blogger Sancho Pawnza, at 7:04 PM  

  • Hi there! Nice to hear something from the one who started it all.

    By Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer, at 1:37 AM  

  • hey! long time no see. at least you haven't lost all interest in chess. also, thanks for restructuring the sidebar. it's handy. hope you come by more often.

    By Blogger Calvin, at 1:59 PM  

  • Go get 'em.

    By Blogger Blue Devil Knight, at 8:58 PM  

  • Oh, and thanks for encouraging procrastination at work this morning with your new sidebar!

    Great idea to provide blog Cliff Notes!

    By Blogger Blue Devil Knight, at 6:45 AM  

  • Good to see you back, Don!

    By Blogger CelticDeath, at 9:13 AM  

  • I just wanted to say that your 'general silliness' posts are some of the funniest I've ever read, anywhere. Awesome stuff.

    By Blogger S. Urista, at 7:54 AM  

  • Duuuude! Nice to hear from you! I love what you did with your sidebar. Please drop us a note when you can.

    PS

    By Blogger Pawnsensei, at 2:33 PM  

  • Hey, you're back! I haven't had a full-on game of chess in a while and you've inspired me to get back to it. Thanks (I think...)

    By Blogger Will, at 9:12 AM  

  • This is great news! How "back" are you back? All I have is your work email, and I apoligize for that, but expect an email soon.

    Josh

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home