Man de la Maza

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Bite of Reality Sandwich

Went back to the problems Sunday night. Was feeling pretty good after Saturday's tournament, but CT Art gave me a nice bite of a reality sandwich. My first set of 10 level 40's came in at an anemic 43%. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure I heard the laptop call me a punk. I pulled out the power cord and let it run on battery for a while until it adjusted its attitude. I have no patience for impudent electronic equipment. It eventually apologized in the form of a "battery low" message. I think we understand one another now.

Think I was getting a bit cocky. Was able to get back in the groove though on the following sets. Last night was better. I've started to write down problems that I hose up quite a bit in order to review them later. Perhaps can do this on the rest days. I also HAVE to be stricter about time limits. I found myself going over 5 minutes several times. I don't mind cheating a few minutes over 2 hours, but I'm starting to scare 2 and half hours on some nights.

114 days down, 41 to go
803 problems down, 235 to go in Circle Two
Level 10: 97%
Level 20: 88%
Level 30: 76%
Level 40: 68%

1 Comments:

  • Congratulations, Man DLM, on your recent victories. Keep up the good work.

    Howard Goldowsky

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home