Man de la Maza

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Brave New World

Talk about a change in attitude. After reading my October entry about Level 20, I felt a whole lot better. I had been struggling to do 29 problems in 2 hours. Now I'm doing 60+ in an hour and change. Then I was fighting to make 85%, now I'm at 90%, and my misses are usually a result of carelessness. With new found enthusiasm, I scored in the mid-90's yesterday to raise my overall percentage to 92%.


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!THIS MAY ACTUALLY BE WORKING!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I thought I was just a hopless loser wasting 2 hours day. Now I realize that I am a hopeless loser, but I'm getting much better at chess.

It also makes me realize that keeping the blog is very helpful. I had completely forgotten that level 20 was harder for me than level 10. If all I had to go on was my scoring percentage, I would have seen very little difference between Circle One and Two.

I haven't been this excited about chess since college when Mary Kay told me that if I gave her a chess lesson she's receive it in her underwear.

It's a brave new world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home