Man de la Maza

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Couldn't get it done

Sorry, guys. I lost.

All I needed was a stinkin draw, AND I had white. Couldn't do it. Fell into a tough gambit position where I didn't really have enough comp for the pawn and was slowly ground down. I was pleased that I put up a good fight. I held my opponent off for a long time, but it wasn't enough.

I really wanted to win one for all of you guys as much as I wanted to win for me. Sorry.

Anyway, I've been slacking for a couple of days tyring to take it easy, so I'm way behind. Not happening tonight though. A couple of consoling beers and perhaps a viewing of Braveheart -- always cheers me up.

Though I'm very dissapointed (Ya think?), by any objective standard, it is the best tournament performance I've ever had. Should pick up about 85 rating points. Thanks for all your support. I wish I could have delivered.

5 Comments:

  • Hey Man DLM,

    I just wanted to congratulate you on the great tournament performance. The last time I played in a tounament, I also lost my last game, which left me with a seriously bad taste in my mouth. It was only later that I realized that I had done extremely well in the tournament and that my loss was to one of the better players in my class.

    Just some perspective from generalkaia

    By Blogger Calvin, at 9:14 PM  

  • Depressed? Are you kidding me? You spanked a bunch of guys who were ranked hundreds of points higher than you!

    You had a great tournament and validated all the hard work you put in. . .and gaining 85 points in one tournament? Holy Cow! A lot of folks take a year to gain that many points.

    We're all of happy for you - you're not just tilting at windmills. . .you've conquered some real challengers!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:04 AM  

  • I'm sure if you were told that you would score 3-1 before the tournament started you wouldn't have believed it. No need to fret; you have even better performances ahead of you.

    By Blogger David Glickman, at 6:50 PM  

  • I think you did a great job Don!
    Besides congratulations for making the jump to class B!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 PM  

  • That last post was mine. :)
    Somehow it came up as anonymous?

    By Blogger Sancho Pawnza, at 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home