Man de la Maza

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Three Yards and a Cloud of Dirt

My day ended at 10 PM tonight (actually yesterday) which means that I didn't start chess problems until 10:20 PM. My overriding thought at 10:21 PM was "This sucks!" And it did, but I made it through my 50 probs.

Finished up level 40 and started level 50. My level 50 perecntage has lots of room for improvement, but frankly, I'm impressed I didn't fall back on the "let's sac the queen and see what happens" school of chess tactics.

Now it is nearly 1AM, and I am too wired to go to bed. Perhaps I should look into to getting a life. Even the cat's asleep, for Crissakes. I wonder if I could eat that 3 week old chilli in the fridge and get food poisining. Nothing too bad, just enough to make me throw up credibly tomorrow at work. I would fake my own death, but I just did that last month. I'm still having a bit of trouble convincing the Department of Motor Vehicles that I'm not dead. After you show up two or three times with a death certificate they really start to get pissy about the whole matter.

I could always watch Braveheart again.

136 days down, 19 to go
848 problems down, 191 to go in Circle Three
Level 10: 96%, 44 sec/prob
Level 20: 93%, 79 sec/prob
Level 30: 78%, 114 sec/prob
Level 40: 70%, 141 sec/prob (Oh Yeah!)
Level 50: 61%, 137 sec/prob

posted by Don

2 Comments:

  • Hehe :D very funny stuff!

    By Blogger King of the Spill, at 12:03 AM  

  • Nice written blog entry!

    Good luck with your circles. Seems that you mastered level 10,20 and 30. And are on the verge to have mastered level 40. Now getting to know level 50 and then ... ?

    logis
    http://logis.modblog.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home