Man de la Maza

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Exam Time

Caught up on the probs yesterday and managed to make a passble repast for the Empress(Even managed to toddle out to the florist in the afternoon.). As the numbers show, I've pretty much got the level 10 and 20's down. The occasional miss is due to a finger slip or carelessness. I puzzled over maybe 5-6 probs last night total.

Doing the probs is now like exam time used to be. Not the studying part, but the actual taking of the tests. Once you sat down to take the test, your fate had been sealed. Good or bad, this was often oddly relaxing. There's not a whole lot of calculating I can do in 37.5 seconds (soon to be 30). For the most part, I either know it or not. The problems come so fast that I can't get too hung up on any one of them. Will be interesting to see what happens to my solve rate on the level 30's and 40's. I had solid improvement the last circle, but I'm wondering if I'll be able to improve (let alone hold) my current solve rates under the lower time constraints. I would sure like to get level 30 above 90% and level 40 above 80%. Fatigue is sure to start to be factor. If not on circle 5 then surely on 6 and 7.

Falling Behind
The one thing I have been falling behind in is reading the blogs of the the Knights Errant. There looks to be some interesting stuff out there, but I haven't had to take more than a cursory look. It is perhaps a sad comment on my level of geekiness that when I find myself in possession of 3 extra hours a day, I will spend it reading chess blogs.

149 days down, 6 to go
340 problems down, 699 to go in Circle Five
Level 10: 97%
Level 20: 97%

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home