Man de la Maza

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Flu

Woke up yesterday in a pool of sweat. I had been feeling a bit dodgy the night before, so I went to bed at 8:00. I had expected to wake up refreshed and ready to go, not like I had been hit by a bus. Though I spent the day sleeping, I continued to get worse until by temp topped at 102. If you've never had the chance to try a chess problem with a 102 fever, well you're not missing much.

I was supposed to do 340 probs, but all I could manage was the 110 of Level 10. Fortunately, I had planned to take today off because it is the Empress' birthday. Assuming I can stay awake longer than 10 minutes, I should be able to catch up the probs and be right on schedule for tomorrow. Who knows? I might even get my act together and make Dulcinea a nice birthday dinner as well.

148 days down, 7 to go
110 problems down, 929 to go in Circle Five
Level 10: 97%

6 Comments:

  • Get wel soon!

    logis
    http://logis.modblog.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:51 AM  

  • Get wel soon!

    logis
    http://logis.modblog.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:51 AM  

  • Get wel soon!

    logis
    http://logis.modblog.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:51 AM  

  • Aaaaarggggggh! I got cannot find page and before i know i have written three comments???

    Anyway, this is my plurial form of saying "get wel soon!" :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:53 AM  

  • Don,
    I've copied some elements of your blogpage to mine. I hope you dont mind. =>

    Also - yes please get well soon. We are eagerly awaiting your coming "graduation".

    By Blogger Nezha, at 4:55 AM  

  • Logis,
    Thanks for the good wishes (all of them). I am feeling better after lots of sleep.

    Nezha,

    Copy away. Happy that something I did is worthy of imitation.

    By Blogger Don Q., at 5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home